Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I hesitate to recommend this

Some interesting photographs are on display at Popp's Fountain in City Park. I guess that technically they'd be called canvas or screen blow-ups of photographs -- obviously, I don't know much about the technical aspects of art or photography. Anyway, even though Popp's Fountain is normally closed to the public, I noticed that one of the gates was open yesterday and several canvasses were hanging from the beams that connect the columns that surround the fountain. The canvasses are pictures of the City Park Golf Course (post-Katrina); I believe that they're blow-ups of the photographs mentioned in these two articles. It's worth checking out, but I have no idea how long it will be there. I noticed the open gate and hanging pictures yesterday and went back today. There were a couple of other people walking around both days, but they were as curious as I was about who put up the exhibit and how long it would be up. So, I can't guarantee that anything will be on display, or that the gate will even be open, if you go there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Old Favorites
  • Political Boxing (untitled)
  • Did Bush Take His Ball and Go Home
  • Teratogens and Plan B
  • Foghorn Leghorn Republicans
  • BayouBias.com
  • Quote of the Day
  • October's News(Dec.1)
  • untitled, Nov.19 (offshore revenue)
  • Remember Upton Sinclair
  • Oct. Liar of thr month
  • Jindal's True Colors
  • No bid contracts