Monday, March 26, 2007

Wish I Owned a Camera

If I did, I'd be tempted to post a picture for the first time on this site. On my way home from work today, I saw a pile of apparently defenestrated computers, monitors and keyboards in front of Morris F.X. Jeff Elementary School. After getting home home, I decided to walk back over and investigate. There appeared to be 50-100 trashed computers that had no apparent damage other than what would have been sustained from being thrown out of a window, I didn't even notice any mold. I walked around to the St. Ann side and didn't see any more computers, but there were piles of chairs and other furniture.

I suppose that on the plus side, it's a step toward gutting and repairing the school. For that matter, I can understand healh risks about schoolchildren and anything that was even possibly contaminated by mold. But I can't understand trashing all those computers if they were at all salvageable. Even if they posed health risks for children, they could have given them away. There was one apparently undamaged monitor still balanced in a first floor window.

Since I didn't notice them last week, I assume that they were thrown out today and will be properly disposed of shortly.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Old Favorites
  • Political Boxing (untitled)
  • Did Bush Take His Ball and Go Home
  • Teratogens and Plan B
  • Foghorn Leghorn Republicans
  • BayouBias.com
  • Quote of the Day
  • October's News(Dec.1)
  • untitled, Nov.19 (offshore revenue)
  • Remember Upton Sinclair
  • Oct. Liar of thr month
  • Jindal's True Colors
  • No bid contracts