Thursday, August 31, 2006

Just in Case

I don't finish the long-winded version, or you don't feel like reading it:

Media attention is not federal aid.

Main quote fom that last link:
The passage of the bill has become increasingly important to Louisiana because the state lost out to the greater political power of Mississippi last month when Congress passed a $29 billion aid package for the Gulf states region. The package gave Mississippi about five times as much per household in housing aid as Louisiana received - a testimony to the clout of Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, a former Republican National Committee chairman, and Senator Thad Cochran, chairman of the Appropriations Committee.

The additional $4.2B didn't even come close to making that even.

Comments:
Do you have any idea how the GO Zone Money is being channelled into projects, such as High Rise Buildings to increase density in a City that has been losing population BEFORE Katrina.
 
No, I really don't know much about that subject. That's one more area that I wish I had learned more about when I was unemployed. Have you posted on it or linked to any good posts on it? I haven't come across much on the subject at all.
 
I have not seen much information. This, to my mind is driving the Condo market. I will send you whatever I can find.
 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=1593&topicId=21355&docId=l:421007940

No technical information but ..
 
the link works on the Library Chronicles
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Old Favorites
  • Political Boxing (untitled)
  • Did Bush Take His Ball and Go Home
  • Teratogens and Plan B
  • Foghorn Leghorn Republicans
  • BayouBias.com
  • Quote of the Day
  • October's News(Dec.1)
  • untitled, Nov.19 (offshore revenue)
  • Remember Upton Sinclair
  • Oct. Liar of thr month
  • Jindal's True Colors
  • No bid contracts