Saturday, January 14, 2006

Winhound has infected my computer, from now on I only use explorer for known sites, mozilla for anything new. I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago but thought I had gotten rid of it. Since I know next to nothing about computers and always need help with technical matters, I should have known that it wasn't going to be that easy. Anyway, earlier this week, a popup informed that my start page and search page had been changed, etc. Kept getting redirected. My brother was able to take care of that, but the virus (hope I'm using the right terms, I'm not technically minded at all)has gotten into the registry and won't let itself be deleted or something. I have confidence that we'll (or he'll) get the problem solved, in the meantime the computer is operating extremely slowly and occasionally shutting down. Makes it very difficult to blog.

Here's the really strange thing: I had no problem making the one link in the text of my last post. But a redirect keeps appearing in the link box below the ttle box on blogger. So that when I tried to title the last post, it kept reading as a link to some other site. Don't know if any other blogger users have encountered this virus or spyware. That's the least of the problems, it's an unpleasant virus all around. Careful what links you click, esp. on explorer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Old Favorites
  • Political Boxing (untitled)
  • Did Bush Take His Ball and Go Home
  • Teratogens and Plan B
  • Foghorn Leghorn Republicans
  • BayouBias.com
  • Quote of the Day
  • October's News(Dec.1)
  • untitled, Nov.19 (offshore revenue)
  • Remember Upton Sinclair
  • Oct. Liar of thr month
  • Jindal's True Colors
  • No bid contracts